5 YEARS NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY COURSES
The following are some of the five (5) years Nigerian university degree courses.
- Agricultural science
- Computer engineering
- Nursing science
- Civil law
- Building technology
This is one of the Nigerian university degree courses that takes 5 years to study before graduating with a professional and verified degree certificate.
- It is a very nice and broad course that will give you good paying job opportunities anywhere you find yourself in the world, because people farm everyday and people buy food stuffs everyday, it is a continuous process or way of living.
- This course deals with educating students on using natural resources such as the land to grow crops or rear animals for business purpose or for consumption.
WHAT IS AGRICULTURE?
Agriculture can simply Be defined as the art and science or process of digging, fertilizing or prepering the land in order to grow crops as well as rearing animals for money or for consumption.
- It provides food and shelter, It is because of agriculture today that we get a raw materials for building our structures, like the roof of our houses, our home tables, doors, windows and so many other things. The woods that are being used are gotten from trees that are been planted on the land which is as a result of agriculture.
There are so many courses under agriculture to study, it all depends on what you want to go for.
The following are the major branches of agriculture.
- Crop production
- Livestock production
- Agricultural engineering
- Agricultural economics
1. CROP PRODUCTION
Crop production refers to the process of producing crops. It deals with preparing developing or improving the land in order to grow crops for personal use or commercial use in order to earn money.
Crops are classified into different groups depending on their uses and life cycle. There are mainly food crops and cash crops which are for profits.
2. LIVESTOCK PRODUCTION
Livestock production simply refers to the process of rearing or raising animals for personal use, home use or for business purpose. So many farmers in the world today are involved in livestock production, they raise animals such as; pig, sheep, goat, cow, chicken, turkey, Robert and many others.
3. AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING
This branch of agriculture helps to create, build and improve farming machines or equipments. It also helps to solve technical problems concerning the machines or equipment in order to make farming faster and easier. Engineers have a very vital role to play in that aspect of farming.
The following are some agricultural machineries;
- Rice huller
- Combine harvester
- Front end loader
- Grinder mixer
There are so many other machineries out there.
4. AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
This is the branch of agriculture that deals with managing the production, usage and dispersal of agricultural products in order to serve the need of people. It deals with the application of economic method to manage problems revolving around agriculture.
REQUIREMENTS TO STUDY AGRICULTURE IN NIGERIA
- WAEC, NECO, GCE
- Direct Entry (DE) & JAMB
A level Passes in the following
- Agricultural science
- Geography and mathematics (others)
Five (5) credit passes in the following
- Geography and agriculture.
This is a branch of engineering that deals with designing, building, maintaining, improving and testing computer systems from hardwares to softwares. (Is is also known as software engineering)
In this digital world we live in today, computer engineers plays vital role in the system
- They help organisations or companies achieve goals by designing, maintaining and improving softwares that will serve their needs.
REQUIREMENTS TO STUDY COMPUTER ENGINEERING IN NIGERIA
- WAEC, NECO, GCE (5 credits out of 9 subjects) & JAMB (250 points and above)
Nursing science is the branch of science that deals with the study of the concept and careful administration of nursing in order to save lives.
- The main target and purpose of nursing is to reducing risks on human lives, to remove or reduce disease and to promote or improve the health of people.
- It is the duty of a nurse to observe or monitor the health of a patient and administer drugs that will help.
REQUIREMENTS TO STUDY NURSING SCIENCE IN NIGERIA
- O level – WAEC, NECO, GCE (at least 5 credits in English, mathematics, biology, chemistry, physics and others)
- Direct entry (D E) & JAMB (180 – 200 points and above)
This course has to do with the study of laws that governs the lives of the citizens of a particular nation in order to regulate private matters rather than criminal, military or political issues. Civil law deals with business agreements, undertakings, marriages or property ownership.
- Every nation has its own set of civil laws the citizens and respect and honour, the civil laws you get where you are might not be the same as the laws you will get in the next place you go to.
- It helps the citizens to know the right thing to do, how to do and when to do, when it comes to their personal life matters .
REQUIREMENTS TO STUDY CIVIL LAW IN NIGERIA
- O level – WAEC, NECO, GCE and others
- Direct entry (D E) subjects
This course focuses on the study of designing, planning and constructing structures depending on it purpose. It basically gives more knowledge on architecture, mechanical and electrical engineering, surveying and other fields that has to do with building structures.
This is a course that takes 5 years to study in Nigeria in order to understand the basics and be a professional.
There are things to learn under building, such as; bricklaying, building construction, masonry and others.
REQUIREMENTS TO STUDY BUILDING TECHNOLOGY IN NIGERIA
O level – WAEC, NECO, GCE and others.
Direct entry (D E) subjects & JAMB.
The following are what a good builder should do;
- A builder must always be patient and able to work with people.
- He or she has be a professional with the required qualification.
- Good builder has to be safety conscious and always careful
- A good builder must be good in making research.
- Must be a good listener and able to communicate with clients.
The aforementioned courses above are not the only five (5) years Nigerian degree causes but rather few among many out there. Choosing the right career path always takes courage and passion, make the right choice.